Sorry I haven't updated this in a while. Well the last few weeks has been a complete whirlwind. So, as most of you know, Justin and I have been looking for houses for 6+ months. We have found a few over the last few weeks that we liked but since we had not even put our house on the market they would sell, we would get disappointed and so on. So, we decided we were spinning our wheels and needed to go ahead and put our house on the market...first things first. We put it on the market and it sold the in week! Exciting, scary, crazy, overwhelming...just a few things we were feeling.
So, next step, let's find a house. Well, we were having some struggles b/c things seem to be selling b/c of the rates and stuff. We met with the builder of one of the homes that we had liked and lost and thought we would possibly go that route.
In the meantime, we have had a couple of issues at the rent house since January and lost one of the two people that were renting the house. So, the 4th of February, rent hadn't been paid so Justin heads over to collect, only to find the house empty! NEVER A DULL MOMENT. So, we decided to put it on the market which we wanted to do asap. We pulled an all nighter last Saturday, I took off Monday and did the final cleaning. This week Justin has had to go over there a few times for certain things. None the less, as of today - it is on the market and we have our first open house on Sunday. Cross your fingers!
We decided to that we didn't really want to move twice and that it would be much easier to find something that was already built. So off and on this week, I decided to make one last ditch effort. Well.......I found a house! I had Kasia (the realtor) show it to me on Wednesday and called Justin out immediately to see it. It is exactly what we have been looking for. So, that night while Justin was working at the rent house, I ran around and got the offer signed and met Kasia to get it submitted. Thursday - we bought the house!
So, our current home closes March 13th, and we are hoping to be able to close on the new one the same day. Once again, fingers crossed that it all works out. So, we are now packing and starting to get ready! We are so excited.
We are exhausted and it has been a whirlwind last couple of weeks. I will keep everyone posted. I will take pics and send them when I can!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Crazy, crazy, crazy.....
Posted by Stacy at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yeah! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see the new house!
Post a Comment