













Ok, well apparently I stay really busy and cannot keep up with this. Basically, since Christmas we have been busy, busy. I have decided we stay that way. I am constantly doing things with Taylor, she is my #1 and I enjoy spending time with her, I simply cannot get enough. As most of you know I am highly involved with the Pierce Phillips Charity which is near and dear to my heart and I enjoy soooo much. And then Justin and I still manage to squeeze some time in here and there. Life as we know it!
Some highlights so far this year:
We took Taylor to Disney Live - she LOVES LOVES LOVES this. This is the second or third time we have taken her. It is so much fun to watch her and then listen to her talk about for months afterwards.
My birthday was in March, I had a girls night out to the Sugarland concert and that was a blast.
We got a lot of time with Monica particularly in April. Jasey was having volleyball tournaments out of town so Monica stayed with us a couple of times. We have got to see the whole Springfield clan a lot lately and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Taylor misses them so much so I am always thrilled when we get to see each other. I love it! We always have a great time.
Taylor had her ballet/tap recital a couple of weekends ago. I was a little concerned b/c she woke up the morning of and had a fever, I gave her some Motrin and asked if she wanted to dance and of course she says yes, so we pushed through it and she did GREAT! We were so very proud of her. It is just so cute watching them. She really seems to enjoy it.
Mother's Day we spent the weekend just hanging out. Mike, Lisa and Nanny came out and had dinner and then we saw dad and Susan on Monday night. On actual Mother's Day we went and got flowers and then Taylor and I laid down for a nap while daddy worked hard planting all of them. Yay daddy. Taylor and I got up and played outside....we flew her kite which was lots of fun. She had to have her very own flower so we bought her her own pot and it sits on the front porch. She helped daddy plant it and everything. Later that afternoon Taylor and I walked down to the pond to feed the two new ducky families we have. On the way back, she found a caterpillar in the street and just had to have it. So we brought it home and put it in a cup b/c we didn't have anything else. I told her after about 20 minutes that if we did not turn it loose, it would die. She didn't want it to die but didn't want to turn it loose either. So this whole dramatic turning the caterpillar episode led to mommy getting on the internet and ordering a butterfly kit with live caterpillars to grow. So, now we are watching our caterpillars grow on a daily basis and are patiently awaiting butterflies. I have not quite broke it to her that we have to let them go once they get to that point. I will cross that bridge when we get there. In the meantime she is really enjoying keep an eye on them and watching the grow bigger and bigger everyday.
We leave for Florida in a few weeks and simply cannot wait. We are ready for a vacation and a bit excited about it being our first one just the three of us. We will be there for a week - 19 days to we are outta here!
Then I guess I am sooooo ready for a vacation, I booked one for next year already this week. We are going on a Disney cruise, thanks to Shannon's recommendation. We are extremely excited about this and I just know Taylor is going to love it. I will definitely have to document it all - can't wait to see the look on her face. We were going to go to Disney World but thought at her age she would not be able to get the most out of the experience so we thought, let's go on the cruise where she get's the character interaction and the shows and all the stuff that is perfect for her age. Looking really forward to this but it is not until next April!
So, in the meantime, Taylor has her Spring program this Friday and we are looking forward to a long weekend.
It is storming like crazy outside. My heart goes out to the families in Joplin, that was a little close for comfort since my sister lives 30-45 minutes from there and found debris from Joplin in her yard! What a crazy deal.
I would like to tell you all I will get better about posting but I have said it before and it didn't happen so no use in saying it again. I have told myself to get better about taking pictures b/c I went a couple of months without capturing my little girl that is growing by the day!
Take care!
0 comments:
Post a Comment